Workshop Assistant Opportunity!
Position: Drama Workshop Assistant
Company: Love Drama
Location: Edinburgh & The Lothians
Start Date: Spring 2017
Love Drama is a drama education company based in Edinburgh and The Lothians. Love Drama runs weekly drama classes, holiday camps and school workshops for ages 4-16 and has been since 2009. Love Drama provides high quality, fun, exciting and energetic drama workshops with the aim to inspire confidence through creativity in all its participants.
- You are passionate about working with children and young people and the benefits of drama education.
- You understand how to engage and work with children and young people from all backgrounds.
- You maintain a professional manner when working and communicating with schools and are confident to approach staff when required.
- You are confident when talking to parents.
- Participate in high quality drama workshops for children and young people aged 4-16.
- Encourage children and young people to engage in the workshops.
- Liaise with assistants, clients and venues.
- Light administration work – typing up notes/scripts, assist in designing and implementing marketing strategies, contributing and occasional delivery of workshop plans.
- Adhere to health and safety.
Key skills and requirements
- Dedicated drama workshop assistant
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent organisational skills
- Understanding of working with children and young people
- Driving licence & own car an advantage
- Registered as Self Employed with HMRC
- First Aid Trained (can be given)
- PVG Scheme Registered
- Applicants must be available: Tuesdays (3.15pm-4.45pm), Wednesdays (12:40pm – 1:20pm AND 3:15pm-4:45pm), Thursdays (3.15pm-4.45pm) & Fridays (3:30pm-8.30pm) during school term time. (Alternative availability will be considered)
- Morning sessions and other school workshops may also be available during school term time.
- This position is for four afternoon/evenings per week (10 hours permanent) selected full weeks in school holidays, extra sessions as they arise.
- Director and Lead Drama Practitioner of Love Drama, Charly Anderson
- Edinburgh & The Lothians
- £7.20 per hour (10 permanent hours per week)
- Send CV and covering letter to Charly Anderson at email@example.com by Monday 13th February 2017. Successful candidates will be notified of invitation to attend an interview in Edinburgh.
Love Drama Links
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/lovedrama
- Blog: https://lovedramablog.wordpress.com/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/lovedramacouk
- Website: www.lovedrama.co.uk